In Connecticut, NECHPI has filed technical comments supporting CHP’s role in Connecticut’s Comprehensive Energy Strategy and delivered comments in support of fair treatment for sub-metered customers that rely on CHP.
Policies and Programs
Connecticut's existing Policies and Programs include (click on a link to follow to a program page):
- CHP Pilot Program: Incentives up to $450/kW for systems 5 MW and less.
- Clean Energy On-Bill Financing: S residential clean energy on-bill repayment program, financed by third-party, private capital and managed by CEFIA.
- DG Natural Gas Rates: Rebates equivalent to delivery charge available.
- Renewable Portfolio Standards: CHP eligible as Class III resource.
- Low Interest Loan Program: Available for customer-side DG projects over 50 kW.